I’ll probably delete this in a week, but I wanted to give you an update as to why Little Movie Reviews has been so empty as of late.

So about a month ago I became ill with various symptoms. I can’t honestly tell you what illness I had, because I was never tested for Covid-19 (I’ll get into that later). The evening of March 22, I started to develop a dry cough, which led to some discomfort around my chest. I thought, well, it’s just allergies. The next day, I started to run a low-grade fever and my sense of taste and smell had vanished. I never run fever when I’m sick, nor do I ever lose my sense of taste and smell. That evening, because I felt my symptoms were getting worse, I went to a walk-in clinic, and the doctor there stated that I only had a cold. Did they give me anything? No. I never wished so badly to have the flu. Sadly, the flu test came back negative. I went home and began to feel worse – especially with the chills I had that night.

I went another day to see if my symptoms would get better with some rest. They didn’t. They only worsened. I won’t give you the details of my symptoms, but take my word for it, it was awful. I was afraid to go to sleep, because I knew I would feel worse in the morning. I would go to sleep around midnight and wake up in a coughing fit at about 3:30 or 4:00 each morning. Not to mention, the night sweats were awful. Laying down only made my symptoms worse. I wanted so badly to take a nap during the day, because my fatigue was something I had never experienced. I literally cried because I was so tired. I wasn’t getting better, so only a day after going to the walk-in clinic, I went to my regular doctor. I explained my symptoms, and he told me that per the city’s guidelines, I did not have a high enough fever to be tested. He told me that he would give me the same prescription for a patient of his that had the Coronavirus — just to play it safe. At this point, he could only treat my symptoms. The next week, the city lowered their guidelines to test those people who were running a low-grade fever similar to mine. After two days of medication and rest, I was starting to feel better. I still couldn’t lay down, because I knew the illness would continue to settle in my lungs. I got pretty good at sleeping sitting up. One by one, my symptoms dissipated. My sense of taste and smell returned, and I was able to sleep the whole night.

Finally, almost a month later, I can say I’m 100%. The scary thing in all this, is I was washing my hands for 20 seconds, sanitizing high traffic surfaces, and wearing gloves if I went out. The trouble is, the only place I went was the grocery store to get food for my family. But I was not wearing a mask.

I don’t know how I got so sick, or how long I was sick before exhibiting symptoms. I guess what I’m trying to say is, please, listen to what your government is saying and stay home. Wear the cloth masks. Wear the gloves. And most importantly, WASH YOUR HANDS!

Now that I’m back to normal, I’m excited to be producing more content. For instance, series reviews for The Plot Against America and Little Fires Everywhere will be out this week. Then I will be reviewing some of my favorite classic movies, so stay tuned for those.

I wish that you all stay happy and healthy during these chaotic times. To all the essential workers out there, and especially our doctors and nurses, you are never too far from my thoughts. You all are amazing!

Take care and stay safe,


3 thoughts on “MY EXPERIENCE WITH…

  1. Stay safe, Sarah! Had a fever of my own last weekend, and this is not a great time to have any kind of fever at all. Let’s hope things will get better soon, and keep on blogging!

Comments are closed.